Monday, March 1, 2010

Hola from Elder Jordan Price,


DID I HEAR ABÖUT THE EARTHQUAKE! I was in the earthquake! Here is the story. So about 3:45 in the morning I hear this metal thing crash to the floor, I woke up. I then hear the door making this sound like someone was trying to get in. I couldn't see a thing. I turn to my comp and he is sleeping. I'm sitting in my bed ready to fight someone, becuase our pench has been robbed before. I got there I was ready to fight. I wake up my comp then I feel it!!! The world was moving. I was like what the crap is going on. I yelled to Elder Feresin, "can you feel the ground moving!" He was like "No." Then two seconds later he was like wait I can feel it. We were like, what is going on the doors are swinging, we found the metal thing that fell. Then everything stopped, we still didn't know what just happened. Then we lay back in bed then we get a phone call from the sisters in our zone that live in the same city, there were freaking out, haha! We then had to call all the elders and sisters in our zone to get ready for an after shock. It was a crazy night. We didn't get much sleep. But it sure was a great experience. Nothing bad happened here. Just shaking and everyone freaking out. Then the next day we had all the evangelicos out riding their bikes screaming and singing songs. It is sad about what happened in Chile. It almost stopped our stake from going to the temple because the Argentina temple is closed they have to go to Chile and they had to leave Sunday. But it's alright they are all going still.


My new area is called Zapala it has a lot of dirt roads, green hills, a lot of trees and Gouchos or Cowboys everywhere. The best part, that I love most, is you always find horses on the side of the road just taking a break eating grass and drinking some water. I'm really living on the country road.

Some other good news here in the Patagonia. WE are going to baptized. We have 3 people getting ready for baptism. Yesterday we had a great lesson with the investigator, her name is Veranica. Her husband is a member but has been less active but now he is coming back to the chruch. Yesterday was the first time that Veranica came to church and after she was asking her husband what she has to do to get baptized. So we went and visited her. She had a lot of questions. We taught them the plan of salvation, then we had a list of the gospel principles of Jesus Christ, were we need to have Faith, Repent and Be Baptized then endure until the end. We told her to read the list and she didn't even look and she yells baptism, haha! We were like no, it says faith, haha! Then she looked at the list and read. It was great! We are excited. This family is going to get to the temple in a year, I know it.

I have another story that will make you throw up, haha! So we had to travel to Cutral Co to have a baptism interview with one of the investigators. What ends up happening was I drank the water, and that wasn't a good story. We are walking around doing contacts and I don't feel to great. We stopped by members to use the bathroom, that didn't go to well. I destroyed the bathroom. Then we are sitting there, I still didn't feel to good but we had to leave. We had to walk across the whole city to get to the church to have the interview. We almost get there. We are a block away and we meet up with the other elders in the street then booommmmm I expolded! I'm leaning on a tree throwing up lunch and just my luck it was spaghetti. It was all over my shoes and pants. Then best part is when we got to the church I got to blow my nose and I have noodles coming out of my nose haha! My first time throwing up on the mission...

I think every week I say wow, what a week. But it's true! Everyday in the mission is a wow what a day. This week has been great, with the chance to go work in my old area. In the full day and 3 hours I worked there I found 17 new investitgators. 10 from my old area. And the best part was they were all people I had never meet before when I was working in the area. It just shows how we have to be willing to work on the Lords time. We have to find them when the Lord has prepared them.

Chou Con Amor,
Elder Price

1 comment:

  1. My goodness, the earthquake story is amazing.... but I like the throwing up one better. Jordan is toooooo funnnnny!!!

    ReplyDelete