Monday, February 15, 2010

Hola from Elder Price,
Long Trips and Sunny days. This week was a great week All I have to say, San Martin reminded me a lot like our cabin mixed with Park City. It was amazing. I didn't take a lot of pictures, but I have a few.

Here is what happened, the bus that we had to catch to get to San Martin left Zapala at 2:00 in the morning. So after about 2 hours of sleep we had to wake up take showers and make sure we got everything. We then made it down to the bus terminal. We got on the big double decker bus, I don't know if I told you but the buses here are double deckers. They have these big sofa chairs for the seats or little sofa chairs if you don't want to pay a lot of money. But anyway, we got to San Martin at about 6:30 in the morning just in time to start the day. What a crazy night it was. So we got there and our plan was to stay there all day and work and have a district meeting during the siesta. The plans then got all changed up. So what ended up happening, we were going to have the district meeting in the morning. Then we were going to take a bus back to Zapala at 1:00. So we call the other missionarys in the district, the thing is they live in a city an hour away called Junin de los andes. So we got pizzas for lunch to cook up and waited for them in the church. We waited and waited and the other missionarys didn't show up. We had to get going. So us and the district leader and his comp made up the pizzas and talked about the things he needs to do with his district and if he didn't need anything from us, we had to rush to the terminal to catch our bus. So up to that point everything was kind of not going how we wanted it to, but we got on the bus. Not even 10 mins. on the road or even out of the city, about 7 blocks from the terminal the bus breaks down. The motor stops working. We pull over to the side. I tell my comp if they are having problems now we are going to have more problems later. I WAS RIGHT. They got it to working. We get out of the city, we are on the way to the next stop which is Junin. THE WHOLE TIME THERE, WAS NO AC. It was so hot I felt like I was on pioneer trek again, so hot. We get to the city and they kick everyone off the bus. They say there are going to bring in another bus. About 3 hours later the bus shows up. What should have been a two to two and ahalf hour bus ride ended up being 6 hours. Haha, but I love the mission. Never will you have a day exactly how you wanted it to be. That was just a little bit of what happened on my San Martin de los Andes trip.

The week was great we have an invesitigator named Alan, his mom is a memeber but not active. We are working hard to get the whole family back to church. His mom doesn't have a husband and they all want to progress, but the thing that his holding them back is their mom. She was in the church but she doesn't always do what she says she will do. We are trying our hardiest. Pray for him and his family, that we can get them back to church and get him baptized. He is 9 years old.

In the mail I got some sweet letters from the primary, from our ward it was sweet, just a lot of little kids drawings, tell them thank you, if you see the president of the primary. Tell them I wish we had leaders like them in my ward here. People want the title but don't want the work that comes with it. We have a sweet ward mission leader, the best I have ever had in the mission, he is amazing! He is going to help a lot to turn things around.

You asked me who is my comp, his names is Elder Feresin, he is from Buenas Aires. Kevin might serve in his home ward.

Well i sent some pictures the first one is Zapala the next two are from San Martin the next one is Junin. Now I get to go to Cutral Co. We are leaving later today. I get to see me old area. I love you guys have a great week talk to you soon.

Chou Con Amor,
Elder Price

No comments:

Post a Comment