Monday, June 29, 2009

Hola Familia,

I love Comodoro! After a long long drive of 18 hours in a bus we made it to the great city over looking the grand Atlantic ocean. The downtown is like a little New York but that isn´t my area, I'm out in the suburbs kinda. Our pench is in an apartment building and its great we have no light right now but I'm loving every minute of it.! Two days ago I had a great experience. We were walking down the street and we had a little time before we had to walk to our lunch appointment, so I said a prayer and I had a feeling to go down this one street. We knocked the whole street and I was thinking, I know we had to come down this street but I didnt know why, so we got to the second to last house we knock and this guy comes out, he didn´t want anything to do with us but he looked like a bigger guy and he had this rugby shirt on so my comp asked him if he played rugby. After that he came out and talked to us. He showed me some of his pictures in the news paper and he was trying to recruit me to play with them, in there game and come practice. We told him that we can´t that we are here preaching the gospel, he said he knew a man it our church, comes to find out that man he knows is the stake president in Comodoro. I don't know if it was anymore than that and we don't have a time to come back to teach him but I knew I had to go down that street, maybe something will happen maybe. I just needed to talk to that guy but I know if we don't follow those feelings we won't receive more. I knew I needed to show my disire to find someone and I know the Lord will find away. That is the great experience I had this week.

I have been so blessed to have had my last comp Elder Legal. I have been here for 4 months and can understand almost everything and can talk to people for hours in a different language. I have gotten my comp to speak only spanish in the streets so I don't lose the blessing I have received.

My comp is Elder Merrill he is from Calorado. He has a lot of time on the mission, he has 8 months left and I know what you mean when there are missionarys that want to work and missionarys that don´t. He has had some pretty bad missionarys so his way of working is a little lazy but I think we are going to work great this transfer. He is a great guy and yesterday we found this sweet man named Roman. We taught him the first lesson and left him with the greatest book in the world, for him to find out on his own. There also is this other family that is ready to get baptized but they have to get married first so they are working on that then they will get baptized. We don't know how much longer it will take but they are amazing.

I'm now in a ward, my comp says that about 50 people attend church every week, but yesterday we only had 40. There is a lot more priesthood and its amazing how much better a ward runs then a branch. But what I have found out is that every area has its problems, that is one reason we are here is to help them out with there problems. I also have learned that when a ward or a branch here runs good, is when the mission work is working if its not working nothing is working. Its amazing to be apart of this great work.

I'm so excited for this next few transfers here in Comodoro. Listen to this, on the way down to this area the president sent down the best of the best. but me I know I have faults and have a lot to grow, but he sent down The assistant to the president, he is now my district leader. This elder in my last zone that baptized 7, he is now my zone leader and this other elder who is a stud that has only 2 more transfers left, and me. We are here in this district in Comodoro. Our little phrase is we are bringing the flood. Becuase we all have the mind set to baptized a lot here. Now we just have the faith now we need the works.
I'm loving this area everyday! We have really really really poor area's and really really really rich area's in our ward. Thanks for the update at home sounds like everyone is doing great. Give Richerd a shove in the pool for me. I Love you guys, have a great week I will be write to you soon. O ya it is really rainy here right now and I have mud on eveything its great, I love it!! I love every minute of it. Thanks again for your love and support.
Amor,
Elder Price

ERICE nesacito practicar escribiendo en castallano. Entonces usted nesacita escribirme en español, y también escuchó sobre EE UU Que tal yo nuca pienso que EE UU puede jugar para una copa, pero cualquier cosa es posible e !!! chou escribame

No comments:

Post a Comment