Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Everything is going great here in the great city of Comodoro. A lot of experiences everyday! A great one that happpened this week was this; I was sitting studing about King Benjaman in Mosiah when out of the corner of my eye I see something move. I hurry and look and I saw something run across the floor, it ran right into our washing room. I yell to the other elders "WE GOT A RAT IN THE HOUSE!" Then it began.... The rat hunt! We knew it went into the room and there was no way it could excape our grips. We ended up moving things trying to find this rat. We move a stack of tiles and it bolts Elder Staples has a dustpan and catches it and throws it across the room, then it lands and bolts out the room we started chasing it and you know me, this whole time I'm filming it, trying to catch the action. It ends up runing into Elder Staples shoe, now we have to move more things, and Elder Rozier is ready with a bucket and Elder Staples with a broom and I got the camera. We moved a little filing cabinet and it bolts again we are yelling thinking we can intimidate it with our yells and swift movements of the broom, that is in Elder Staples hand, he ends up make a nice high stick slap shot like a professional hockey player and Elder Rozier is right there ready to make the catch with the bucket. It was a job well done by the rat control squad!!! haha!

Other crazy experiences that happened this week; we are teaching this lady. let me tell you about here. She is a big lady that dresses like a gipsy and believes in this crazy African religion started by this African group, because they couldn't believe in the Catholics so they took everything and changed the names of God and Jesus Christ and all the saints. It was pretty crazy! We walked into here house and on the wall are these crazy African pictures of her Gods that she prays too, it was crazy. But we didn't care we where there to teach here about the true church of Jesus Christ. So we taught here and left here with a Book of Mormon, the book that changes lives. We ended up coming back this week and she read 21 chapters, then we taught here about the plan of salvation. We then left here with about 10 more chapters to read, and she read them!! The great part about this story, she told us our last lesson that she has been having bad dreams, like people dieing and killing just really bad. She said when we came over and taught her the first time and had her read the book of mormon she hasn't had these bad dreams. Its true the Book of Mormon is powerful. It was a sweet crazy experence.

Other things that are happening; we found this man named Jacinto. We found him on Saturday he is from Buenos Aires. He is here in comodoro to work. We found him and he was amazing. He wanted to read the Book of Mormon and pray. We found him on Saturday and the next day he said he wanted to come to church and he DID!! It's amazing. When we are ready to receive the prepared, the Lord will trust us and He will put them in our path.

We also found this other guy and taught him outside. He is about 80 and he can't see really well. He is from Peru. We taught him outside on a nice hot day and it felt like I was in Peru. They live in the poor part of town where houses made out of scrap metal and wood. They had there crap stream right next to us flowing down the the street and they had chickens running around. The MIssion is Great!!!!
So many experiences! It was amazing!

Sounds like you guys are having great experences over there. I CANT BELIEVE DREW IS GETTING MARRIED!!! He needs to wait for me to get home! That man, haha! O well I will forgive him. Mom if you could ask the sister that works in the MTC If she could get me a tall book from the MTC that is for the Spanish speakers learning English that would be amazing. if she could do that :) And I was wondering if I get a free suit if mine is all ruined, becuase my green suit is all riped up in the inside?? Did Mike like my cd that I sent to him?? Well that is a little of what is happening in my life down here a million miles away. Thanks for the love and support! Get better mom! Dad, keep up the great work! Mike find a wife! Eric, Jenn and the girls, thanks for everything. And grandparents thanks for teaching my parents how to be great people. Everyone else I love you guys....

Chou con amor
Elder Price

No comments:

Post a Comment